Why Join New Hampshire Montessori Association? (NHMA)
You may be asking, “Why do I need one more membership fee, one more commitment and one more meeting? The short and quick answer is probably, “You don’t!” But please read and consider more. If you ever get the feeling that you’re alone in a world of traditional educators, with parents asking questions like “Is Montessori a cult or a religious school?” if you feel you may be reinventing the wheel repeatedly in relative isolation, we hope you’ll consider the many reasons for joining the New Hampshire Montessori Association.
The Benefits Of NHMA Membership
- Access to a community of like-minded educators, with members who are happy to discuss, problem-solve and support each other, through quarterly meetings and a members-only message board
- Workshops & Key Note Speakers, to help renew our commitment to Montessori practices and to refresh our classrooms with new ideas and materials
- Visits to other Montessori schools in New Hampshire, with the chance to compare notes on a variety of common school issues
- School placement on the NHMA website, with contact information and/or links to your own school website
- Being part of any future NHMA events that help to give Montessori a stronger, better understood presence both locally and state-wide in New Hampshire
Just as our children are in various stages of development within our classrooms, we as teachers and schools are in our own stages of development. Both need careful observation, discussion and planning for the future growth and success of our own schools, and for Montessori schools in New Hampshire. To help facilitate that growth, NHMA members gather together at various locations four times a year throughout the state. Meetings usually on Saturday mornings, through lunch, afford us the opportunity to communicate similar goals, plan joint efforts and meet other Montessorians. This gives each a wider field of tried solutions, less isolation and a community-wide basis for the continued growth of the Montessori continuum. We hope you will consider joining NHMA, and attend one or more of our meetings or retreats.